The Wainman Hawwaii rider, Cato Olsen talks about how to nail a strapless no grab backroll.
Strapless backroll no grab is one of my favorites, it`s just so fun and love the feeling of them!. Here are some tips to help you nail it!
– As all strapless airs, timing is everything!
– The take-off is very important. Keep the kite around 11, do not pull it past 12.
– It help to find a small kicker to practice on.
– Kick hard on tail and pop the board up, just like you would do on a ordinary backroll or backflip
– Keep your knees bend and board close to your body.
– Look over your shoulder to keep the rotation, and try to rotate with your board.
– During the rotation try to keep the bottom of the board into the wind so it will stick to your feet.
– Spot your landing and try to keep a forward momentum true the rotation.
– You might need to kiteloop in the landing sometimes to keep momentum forward
– Keep trying and don`t give up, you will get it in the end!