Cynthia brown Ollie, Grab Flyby Photo credit Ellen Atkins
Ollie, Grab Flyby
* Carrying good speed look for a ramp or chop in front and just upwind.
* When you hit the ramp, you want to have sent your kite, so that it is at 12:00. Your front hand should be off the bar and ready for the grab.
* Ollie up concentrating on pushing the nose vertical and the bottom of the board into the wind.
* The wind will help blow the board back into your hand.
* Once airborne you can keep pulling in on the bar from the center for a bit more lift, then relax your arm, de power the kite and prepare for landing.
* You will naturally tend to fly downwind, which helps with the landing.
* When you are about 3ft from the surface, let go of your board and extend your legs to follow it to the water, keeping the nose facing downwind.
* Once you land, the kite will be anywhere from 12 to 2 o clock, and you will need to aggressively down loop to keep forward momentum.
* Ride away with a big smile!